Oregon State University
Department: Univ Info & Tech Admin (JIS)
Appointment Type: Professional Faculty
Job Location: Corvallis
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range: $44,496 - $75,516
University Information and Technology is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, professional faculty position.
This position reports to the Chief of Staff (COS) in University Information & Technology (UIT). UIT shares and supports the university's overall mission by assisting all areas of the university to extend their programs, teaching, research, and communication throughout the world.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) provides executive-level confidential administrative support to UIT and assists the CIO Executive team and UIT Directors as needed. The AA serves as the CIO Executive team's trusted liaison and cultivates positive working relationships with university leaders, community partners, and university departments that provide Information Technology (IT) support services. This individual will work independently and as a valued member of the CIO Executive team and UIT Admin team.
The AA is expected to demonstrate leadership and initiative, not only in responding to requests but also in managing their work assignments. Tasks are varied and change rapidly in scope and complexity. Sound judgment, anticipatory skills, excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to take decisive action in a demanding and at times stressful environment are imperative.
Please note, all UIT team members are expected to meet the following commitments:
UIT commits to deliver data as a strategic working asset and to enable data informed decision making across OSU. UIT leaders and staff lead by example and use data to inform decision making at all levels in the organization. Persons in technology roles are also expected to design systems with data portability in mind and work within enterprise architecture and privacy guidelines.
UIT commits to and believes in the strength and value of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access (DEIA) both throughout our team and as an intentional and active practice to advance the vision, mission, and strategic efforts of the entire university. As a member of the UIT community, the person in this position is expected to foster and promote the values of DEIA and demonstrate a commitment to inclusive excellence in their work.
Proactively securing and protecting OSU's digital assets and information systems are crucial to our missions of teaching and learning, research, and extension and engagement. All OSU IT professionals are directly responsible for providing high quality and secure IT systems and services. Persons in technology roles are expected to be responsive to security related actions and requirements and to collaborate to find secure ways to support the OSU community.
Working for Oregon State University is so much more than a job!
Oregon State University is a dynamic community of dreamers, doers, problem-solvers and change-makers. We dont wait for challenges to present themselves - we seek them out and take them on. We welcome students, faculty and staff from every background and perspective into a community where everyone feels seen and heard. We have deep-rooted mindfulness for the natural world and all who depend on it, and together, we apply knowledge, tools and skills to build a better future for all.
Top 1.4% university in the world
More research funding than all public universities in Oregon combined
1 of 3 land, sea, space and sun grant universities in the U.S.
2 campuses, 11 colleges, 12 experiment stations, and Extension programs in all 36 counties
7 cultural resource centers that offer education, celebration and belonging for everyone
100+ undergraduate degree programs, 80+ graduate degrees plus hundreds of minor options and certificates
35k+ students including more than 2.3k international students and 10k students of color
217k+ alumni worldwide
For more interesting facts about OSU visit: https://oregonstate.edu/about
Oregon State has a statewide presence with campuses in Corvallis and Bend, the OSU Portland Center and the Hatfield Marine Science Center on the Pacific Coast in Newport.
Oregon States beautiful, historic and state-of-the-art main campus is located in one of Americas best college towns. Corvallis is located close to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains and Oregon wine country. Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, this beautiful city offers miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, a river perfect for boating or kayaking and an eclectic downtown featuring local cuisine, popular events and performances.
Total Rewards Package:
Oregon State University offers a comprehensive benefits package with benefits eligible positions that is designed to meet the needs of employees and their families including:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
Free confidential mental health and emotional support services, and counseling resources.
Retirement savings paid by the university.
A generous paid leave package, including holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
Future and current OSU employees can use the Benefits Calculator to learn more about the full value of the benefits provided at OSU.
60% -Executive Support
- Coordinates and maintains the CIO Executive team calendars. Reviews incoming meeting requests, gauges them against competing priorities and anticipates scheduling changes. Handles scheduling requests for time, logistics, technology, and materials for complex senior level meetings; prepares agendas and materials for staff and other meetings as needed; takes minutes and tracks action items. Applies independent judgment to evaluate priorities, necessity, and appropriate adjustments to schedules to accommodate emerging needs.
- Screens incoming phone calls, visitors and correspondence, and routes accordingly. Answers calls; provides general and/or specific information to stakeholders, walk-ins, email correspondents; refers or routes inquiries to other appropriate associates, as required; and greets and receives office visitors.
- Coordinates travel, conference registration, and travel reimbursement for CIO Executive team. Determines the most appropriate itinerary according to professional and personal requirements; secures airline reservations, lodging, registration, and other logistical needs; and coordinates details at meeting/speaking site.
- Coordinates and plans UIT events such as OSU IT Plenary, retreats, recognition celebrations, and other social events, including site selection, transportation arrangements, catering, and ensuring availability of materials and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including all UIT and OSU IT partners, vendors, and professional organizations to build and leverage expertise and resources.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all communication.
35% Administrative Operations Support
- Provides administrative support for position searches within UIT, including advertising positions, communications with candidates, arranging interviews, and assisting with candidate travel and travel reimbursement. Supports onboarding process for new employees.
- Monitors, coordinates, and assists with management of shared UIT Admin email account including scheduling meetings and assisting with travel requests, conference registration, and travel reimbursement for UIT Directors and employees. Determines the most appropriate itinerary according to professional and personal requirements; secures airline reservations, lodging, registration, and other logistical needs; and coordinates details at meeting/speaking site.
- Oversees development and maintenance of information and communication systems including department distribution list and listservs.
- Maintains and organizes shared office files (electronic and paper).
5 % Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in professional development activities that enhance general knowledge of or ability to perform assigned work.
- Participates in organizational processes and initiatives, including change management, incident management, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief of Staff and CIO Executive team.
What You Will Need
- Bachelors degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of experience providing administrative office support for an executive, unit, or business with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (i.e., executives, directors, and constituents). Excellent proof-reading skills are necessary.
- Experience with managing and maintaining complex scheduling needs with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional experience with coordinating, planning and executing events.
- Professional experience providing logistical and travel support.
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking. For example, planning, prioritizing, and managing simultaneous projects, often within tight deadlines and shifting priorities while coordinating a high volume of work.
- Demonstrated experience in a setting requiring strict adherence to confidentiality and maintenance of confidential records.
- Demonstrated experience requiring the exercise of independent judgment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite programs including but not limited to Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and Teams. Familiar with using Zoom and other video-conferencing platforms.
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Degree in relevant field (i.e., Information Technology, Business or Communications)
- Experience in higher education, public service employment or similarly complex organization.
- Experience in an information technology organization.
Working Conditions / Work Schedule
Periodic remote work negotiable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A resume/CV; and
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
For additional information please contact: Ramee Kelly at email@example.com
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
OSU will conduct a review of the National Sex Offender Public website prior to hire.
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per University Standard 05-010 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months. Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications including the criminal history check requirement.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/146080
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency