- Administrative Specialist III, Title III
- Go to our website »
Administrative Specialist III, Title III
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.
Reporting to the Director of Title III, the Administrative Specialist III assists with communication among the Board of Trustees, faculty/staff and students, and student organizations across the various programs/divisions; provides frontline constituent support; coordinates office activities; researches and prepares special reports; and executes administrative and departmental policies as directed. The Administrative Specialist III must be able to work independently, with a minimum amount of supervision and be able to use independent judgment in dealing with and prioritizing routine problems.
- Serves as the Office Manager for the Title III Project and assists the director with clerical tasks to support activities of the department, which includes but is not limited to copying, filing, processing incoming and outgoing mail and faxes; organizes and maintains all records for Title III projects; and prepares letters and general correspondence
- Organizes and maintains work files using a variety of systems, from Excel, Word, Workday, Banner, Ad Astra, Success Planner, and database management software that supports budget planning, tracking and reconciliation as well as project management.
- Assists the director with maintaining compliance, accountability, reliability and accuracy of records and reports for Title III project.
- Orders program specific equipment and supplies through the automated requisition process.
- Assists in the development, tracking and monitoring of budgets.
- Assists the Title III staff with the entering and managing of data regarding the Title III project.
- Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
- Performs other grant-related duties as assigned.
Rate of pay: $12.40 per hour
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of record keeping procedures. Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics. Knowledge of work-related subject area. Knowledge of computers and software applications. Ability to organize. Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form. Ability to establish and maintain filing systems. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to a diverse population.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus two years of experience in a specialized or a related field applicable to work performed.
Additional requirements determined by the institution for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Arkansas Division of Higher Education.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
To apply, visit https://nwacc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/NWACC_External_Career_Site/job/Benton-County-Campus-Arkansas/Administrative-Specialist-III--Title-III_JR-515
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency