- Administrative Support Assistant 3
- Go to our website »
Administrative Support Assistant 3
The Office for Research and Graduate Education in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Penn State is seeking a dedicated and dynamic Administrative Support Assistant. The Administrative Support Assistant will be a detailed-oriented and organized individual who will provide direct administrative and professional support. This position prefers the successful candidate to be in-person but can be afforded flexibility for a hybrid schedule, as needed. Questions related to flexible work should be directed to the hiring manager during the interview process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Calendar Management for the Associate and Assistant Deans for Research and Graduate Education.
- Graduate Education administration by serving as the primary contact for the Graduate Education administrative team as the liaison between the Graduate Programs and Graduate School staff. Coordinating and managing the college-wide Graduate Education activities to include orientations, workshops, and internal grant and award competitions.
- Research Projects Management by actively participating as a member of the Pennsylvania Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) and serving as the primary team member to assigned research projects and/or academic units.
This individual will be the initial point of contact for the Associate and Assistant Deans in the Office for Research and Graduate Education. Administrative duties will include but are not limited to:
- Answering, screening, directing, and/or processing telephone calls and emails.
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings and activities.
- Interfacing with Directors of Graduate Studies (DGS), Graduate Coordinators, students, faculty, and staff.
- Creating and maintaining files, databases, and reports.
- Composing and editing written communication, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Communicating and collaborating with counterparts within the college and/or university, at peer institutions, regional offices, and federal agencies.
- Providing information and/or referring as appropriate.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks.
- Serving as a backup to other staff, as needed.
- Compile and prepare content for updating the college's research and graduate education website.
Education and Experience:
This position will be filled as a level 3 and typically requires a High School diploma or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Post high school education and additional experience and/or education and competencies are preferred. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented while having professional written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a teachable spirit. The ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously is essential and the willingness to adapt to dynamic situations will be critical. Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Familiarity with Penn State systems, such as iTwo, LionPath, Graduate Admissions Decision System (GRADS), Graduate Award Tracking System (GRATS), and Graduate Program Management System (GPMS), is desired. Other skillsets that are preferred are experience in using FileMaker (or other database software with a user interface), and Twitter. Training in these other programs and platforms may be available as needed.
Cover Letter and Resume: Both a cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for this position.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Administrative-Support-Assistant-3_REQ_0000042287-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency