This ad is expired.
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
- Go to our website »
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
Penn State Harrisburg, a comprehensive College of The Pennsylvania State University, invites applications to apply for the position of Associate Vice Chancellor for Research askes for nominations for a visionary leader to expand College's research capacity and increase the impact of its scholarly and creative work on a local, regional and national level.
This position directly oversees multiple units within the Office of Research including:
- Office of Research Development and Award Administration, responsible for delivering coordinated support for research program development, proposal submission, post-award management, and other sponsored activities.
- Institute of State and Regional Affairs, an interdisciplinary public policy research unit accounting for more than $2 million in sponsored research annually.
- Pennsylvania Recycling Markets Center, a Commonwealth of PA sponsored unit responsible for supporting industry development of market applications for recycled materials, with an annual budget of $600,000-$800,000.
This position reports to the College Chancellor serving also in the role of Associate Dean for Research within the PSU structure and works in close collaboration with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (also serving as Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs), and the leadership of the College and the University.
Primary duties include:
- Provide leadership and oversee Office of Research Development and Award Administration to ensure development and on-time submission of complete, solicitation-compliant research support for proposal development and submission by Penn State Harrisburg faculty members.
- Oversee post-award administration activities including research contract negotiation, financial management and reporting, compliance with research protections and other institutional requirements, and all other sponsored activities and research-related agreements.
- Promote and develop interdisciplinary partnerships for sponsored research and scholarship across academic units within the College and at Penn State University Park, the College of Medicine, the Dickinson School of Law, and other campuses.
- Design and execute financing strategies for investment in college research, education, and economic development programs and facilities, including collaborative public private partnership approaches.
- Design and execute targeted strategies to increase sponsored research activity from Pennsylvania state government, and from federal agencies especially including the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.
- Design and implement outreach activities that expand the broader impacts of the College through collaborative research, training, and service activities with government, industry, and non-profit partners.
- Participate in academic research leadership councils and committees with colleagues and counterparts within the College and at the University level.
- Provide leadership for economic development activities of the College including engaging Invent Penn State, the University's campus-based regional entrepreneurship, technology commercialization, and new business development initiatives.
- Develop and maintain partnerships on behalf of the College with local governments, state agencies, business and industry, and non-profit organizations to support College research growth and economic and community development activities in the region.
Education & Experience:
- An earned doctorate.
- A record of excellence in integrated teaching, research, and service that would qualify the individual for appointment as a tenured full professor in one of the academic units of the college.
- Preferred candidates must have significant and proven experience in developing and managing large interdisciplinary sponsored research programs, and academic leadership.
- Experience in working with colleagues outside their own fields, proven management skills.
- Commitment to cultural diversity; and skills for developing collaborative relationships with government, industry, and other university partners.
Preferred starting date is July 1, 2023.
Review of applications will begin on January 6th,2023 and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
- To apply, applicants should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for five references.
This is a senior leadership position responsible for developing and promoting high-impact research and scholarship across the various academic disciplines and units of the College. This position requires a strategic vision to plan and develop new, innovative research programs that engage faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students, government and industry partners, alumni, philanthropic donors, and other external constituencies. The Pennsylvania State University is ranked among the top 25 research universities in the nation with the total research expenditures in the past 3 years being consistently near $1 billion. Penn State Harrisburg accounts for fraction of this total, and a goal of the College is to more than double sponsored research and scholarly activities at our campus over the next few years.
Workforce diversity, cultural inclusiveness, and employment equity are deeply rooted in Penn State's historic mission. Just as we are committed to a diverse educational environment, we are also committed to a diverse working community. As a community, we endeavor to be a mix of cultural backgrounds, life experiences, individual perspectives, and other characteristics that add variety and vitality to the workplace. Penn State Harrisburg is a diverse campus of Penn State, and we are deeply committed to supporting a culturally, ethnically, and racially inclusive environment.
Penn State Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Penn State Harrisburg is in Middletown, near the city of Harrisburg, the state capital of Pennsylvania. The College is easily accessible via interstate and rail routes from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New York. Penn State Harrisburg has an enrollment of approximately 5000 resident instruction students, including a broad, diverse, and non-traditional population and brings nationally accredited academic programs, award-winning faculty, and the resources of a world-class research university to Pennsylvania's Capital Region. The College offers undergraduate students the opportunity to earn baccalaureate degrees in 37 academic majors. The College offers 33 master's degrees and four doctoral degree programs, the latest being PhD in Engineering Systems. Penn State Harrisburg is a comprehensive college with 5 schools: Behavioral Sciences and Education; Business Administration; Humanities; Public Affairs; and Science, Engineering, and Technology. The faculty in these schools provide a breadth of research, scholarly, and creative capability which provides for a great opportunity for interdisciplinary research and programs. To learn more about the College please visit http://harrisburg.psu.edu.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Harrisburg/Associate-Vice-Chancellor-for-Research-and-Outreach_REQ_0000037894-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency