Program Assistant Manager for Community Resilience - Arizona Wildfire Initiative
Location: School of Forestry
Job ID: 607677
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
- This position is subject to the availability of funding. The incumbent is not eligible for Classified Staff layoff or recall status.
- This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility and at a non-centralized site with or without accommodation.
- This position is posted as Program Assistant Manager for Community Resilience - Arizona Wildfire Initiative, which is a working title. The NAU system title for this position is Program Assistant Manager.
The Arizona Wildfire Initiative (AZWI) is hiring a Program Assistant Manager to organize and oversee tasks associated with the Community Resilience facet. The AZWI Program Assistant Manager for Community Resilience will work to help communities across Arizona become better prepared to live with wildfire. This position will organize and plan events, assist the Arizona Wildfire Initiative's Administrative and Fiscal Manager with budget coordination with all budgetary aspects related to Community Resilience including event planning and travel, ensure that NAU procedures and policies are followed and that the objectives of the Community Resilience facet are met. This position will also be responsible for forming and maintaining relationships with community leaders (fire chiefs, HOA presidents, elected officials, etc.) from communities across Arizona and organizing wildfire resilience strategies.
Event Organization - 40%
- Works on the AZ Wildland Urban Fire Workshop in the Fall of 2024.
- Responsible for planning small community meetings both in person, online, and hybrid.
- Responsible for organizing all travel for community members to AZWI Community Resilience events.
Forming and Maintaining Relationships with AZ Community Leaders - 30%
- Locates community leaders as directed.
- Maintains regular contact via email or phone with community leaders.
- Organizes internal AZWI system and procedures for contacting community leaders and tracking contact information.
Research Tracking of Community Wildfire Grants and Programs - 15%
- Researches wildfire grant opportunities.
- Develops and maintains list of current wildfire grants and programs in use in Arizona.
Budget Coordination - 10%
- Works with Administrative and Fiscal Program manager to track budget expenditures associated with Community Resilience facet.
Other - 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree, and
- 1-2 years of relevant experience; or
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant program.
- Experience with, or work in, wildland fire or with communities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of the assigned work unit.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of organizational practices and principles.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, facilitating, and leadership skills.
- Coordination of activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams).
- Organizing in person, online and hybrid events.
- Works independently.
- Communicates effectively.
- Exercises good judgment and professionalism.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Driving a vehicle on behalf of the university is anticipated to be a regular part of this position. Arizona Administrative Code Fleet Safety Policy requires all employees who drive on university business become authorized by submitting Driver's license information for driving record monitoring, and completion of training appropriate to the level of driving performed. The law applies to all faculty, staff, and students who drive personal or university-owned motorized vehicles for any business purpose. More information on the NAU Authorized Driver Policy can be found on the NAU website.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $54,779. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
February 7, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607677&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency